THE "SOLO OVERLAND MANIFESTO" © 2018-2020
- Develop a Spartan mindset: no excesses or dangerous risks, no self-defeating choices. No confusion, no distractions. No more excuses, no more delay. No hate, no fear, no haste, no waste. Declutter your mind, heart, and body. Commit to LIVE FREE!
- Pursue quality over quantity, genuine experiences over fleeting meaningless desires, flexibility and adaptability over entrapments of any sort (physical, mental, emotional, psychological, financial, logistical). Look for meaningful change.
- Develop self-honesty, simplicity, balance. Seek rewarding opportunities for self-fulfillment and joy. Less IS more.
- Don't procrastinate, the time is now! This is NOT a rehearsal! There is no life to be wasted, so get to work. Personal growth happens just outside of the comfort zone - stretch your self! Maximize your time, energy, opportunities, resources, and potential. Don't waste it all away. Wearing out is better than rusting out. Are you AWAKE and truly ALIVE, or just existing?
- Decide wisely, then pursue life's opportunities with passion, intent, determination, persistence, and grit. Stay positive!
- Be methodical - little things add up to big things. Take one step, then take another. Every thought you have, every action or inaction either holds you back or gets you closer to your goals. If YOU don't do it, it will not get done. Stay committed!
- Be open, be honest, be present, stay engaged. Be a full player in your own life, and not a spectator at someone else's. Live!
- Be good to yourself, others, and the whole world. Strive to be your best friend, not your worst enemy. Master your wants!
- An honest, well-lived life is a work of art. Life is for living, so journey well, seek breadth and depth in everything. Sharpen your skills, take pride in your work, develop your talents, and celebrate your progress. As you transform, be patient. Breathe!
- Find your passions and articulate your goals clearly. Execute your tasks, and learn from your experience. Sweat beats tears, just as effort beats regrets. Do more, do it better, do it sooner. If you don't care enough, nobody else will, either. Aim higher!
- You'll never FIND yourself on the outside, you must BUILD yourself on the inside! You are responsible for your growing SELF.
- Focus yourself daily by reviewing your principles, values, and goals. Write them down, post them on your mirror, on your car dashboard, in your wallet, as your phone's start screen. Repeat them out loud, visualize them in detail, adjust when needed. Before sleep, review them again and assess your day, then plan and visualize tomorrow's steps. Don't get distracted, be clear!
- Nobody has all the answers - we're all trying to figure it out. So find what works and what doesn't work, then do MORE of what works and LESS of what doesn't work. For YOU, and no-one else. Do you want to be your own master, or live like someone else's slave?
- Talk less, do more, look deeper, listen better, think clearer, judge less. Stand up tall for what you believe, and be counted.
- Smile more and trust more. Lend a hand and show that you care. Love. Play. Travel far. Laugh often. Work hard. Try again. Build something meaningful and lasting.
- A world full of wonderful places, people, and possibilities awaits you. Travel, explore, discover - adventure is calling! DARE TO GO
Tread lightly, stay on trails. Pack it in, pack it out. Tag responsibly!
One travels more usefully when alone, because he reflects more. (Thomas Jefferson)